Theology Review encourages comments, critiques, questions, and suggestions as long as they are: 1) productive; 2) relevant; and 3) respectful. By posting comments on Theology Review, you are agreeing to the following:
- If any message is deemed by the admin to be unproductive, disrespectful, and/or irrelevant your message will be removed.
- Unproductive: Any comment that does not directly address either the substantive issue in the original post or the substantive issue in a previous comment within a comment thread.
- Irrelevant: Any comment that entirely changes the subject discussed in the original post or in a previous comment within a comment thread.
- Disrespectful: Any comment that seeks to defame a person’s character and/or personally insult or attack either the original post’s author or another commenter within a comment thread. And any message that contains or suggests vulgar use of language.
- TR will not allow personal attacks or vulgar, abusive, offensive, threatening or harassing images and/or language. This includes creative spellings of swear words using asterisks or spaces between words.
- TR will not allow comments that contain sexual content or links to sexual content.
- If TR determines that a commenter is coming close to violating one of these rules, the admin may step in and give the commenter a warning. He may instruct the commenter to stay on topic, take care with certain words, or move on from the thread altogether. If a commenter receives a message like this, the commenter must follow instruction immediately or the commenter (as well as his/her comments) will be removed from discussion.
- TR reserves the right to remove any and all comments that violate these rules with no warning.
- TR reserves the right to edit comments that violate these rules with no warning.
* If you feel your comment has been removed unjustifiably, feel free to contact us for appeal.
* If you notice any comments that you think violate these rules, feel free to contact us.
* The comments section on a post will be closed 30 days after it is first published. If you have an opinion about an older post we have written, feel free to share it in our Letter to the Editor section.